YouTube has a strict policy against harassment and cyberbullying. The policy prohibits content that threatens, insults, or targets an individual based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or other protected attributes. YouTube also prohibits content that encourages others to harass or threaten individuals.
If you believe that you have been harassed or cyberbullied on YouTube, you can report the content to YouTube. You can also block the user who is harassing you.
Here are some examples of content that is not allowed on YouTube under the harassment and cyberbullying policy:
- Threats of violence or harm. This includes content that threatens to physically harm or kill an individual, or that threatens to damage their property.
- Personal attacks. This includes content that insults, degrades, or embarrasses an individual.
- Doxing. This includes content that reveals someone’s private information, such as their home address or phone number.
- Incitement to harassment. This includes content that encourages others to harass or threaten an individual.
If you believe that you have seen content on YouTube that violates the harassment and cyberbullying policy, you can report it by following these steps:
- Go to the video that you want to report.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the video.
- Select “Report.”
- Select “Harassment and cyberbullying.”
- Provide a brief description of the content that you are reporting.
- Click on “Submit.”
YouTube will review your report and take appropriate action.
Here are some additional tips for staying safe on YouTube:
- Be careful about what information you share online. Don’t share your personal information, such as your home address or phone number, with people you don’t know.
- Be aware of the people you interact with online. Don’t interact with people who are making you feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
- Block users who are harassing you. If you are being harassed by a user, you can block them so that they can no longer see your videos or comments.
- Report harassment to YouTube. If you are being harassed on YouTube, you can report the content to YouTube.
YouTube is committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for all users. If you see content that violates the harassment and cyberbullying policy, please report it so that YouTube can take action.