A YouTube video description is a piece of text that appears below each video on YouTube. It is a great way to provide additional information about your video, such as a brief overview of what the video is about, relevant keywords, links to other videos or websites, and calls to action.
YouTube video descriptions can be up to 5,000 characters long, so you have plenty of space to get creative. Here are a few tips for writing effective YouTube video descriptions:
- Start with a strong introduction. The first few sentences of your description are the most important, as they are what viewers will see before they click on the “Show more” button. Make sure to include a brief overview of what the video is about, as well as any relevant keywords.
- Use keywords throughout your description. When people search for videos on YouTube, they often use keywords. By using relevant keywords throughout your description, you can help your video rank higher in search results.
- Link to other videos or websites. If you have other videos or websites that are related to the content of your current video, be sure to link to them in your description. This will help viewers find more of your content and learn more about the topic at hand.
- Use calls to action. Tell viewers what you want them to do after watching your video. Do you want them to subscribe to your channel? Visit your website? Leave a comment? Whatever your goal is, be sure to make it clear in your description.
By following these tips, you can write effective YouTube video descriptions that will help you attract more viewers and grow your channel.
Here are some additional tips for writing YouTube video descriptions:
- Keep your descriptions clear and concise. People are more likely to read and engage with descriptions that are easy to understand.
- Use active voice and strong verbs. This will make your descriptions more engaging and interesting to read.
- Proofread your descriptions carefully before publishing them. Typos and grammatical errors can make you look unprofessional.
By following these tips, you can write YouTube video descriptions that will help you improve your channel’s visibility and reach.