The Silence Unknown Callers feature is a great way to reduce the number of spam calls you receive. When this feature is enabled, calls from numbers that are not saved in your contacts will be silenced and sent to your voicemail. You will still see the missed call in your Recent Calls list, so you can review it and decide whether to call back.
To enable Silence Unknown Callers, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Privacy.
- Tap on Calls.
- Tap on Silence Unknown Callers.
- Toggle the switch to the On position.
Once Silence Unknown Callers is enabled, you will no longer be interrupted by spam calls. You can still receive calls from numbers that are not saved in your contacts, but they will be silenced and sent to your voicemail.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about Silence Unknown Callers:
- Calls from numbers that you have previously texted with or that have been shared with you in an email will still come through, even if they are not saved in your contacts.
- If you receive a call from an unknown number and you want to answer it, you can do so by tapping on the notification that appears on your screen.
- Silence Unknown Callers does not apply to calls from emergency services.