To link a YouTube channel to an MCN, you need to:
- Find an MCN that you want to join. There are many different MCNs out there, so it’s important to do your research and find one that is a good fit for you and your channel.
- Contact the MCN and apply for membership. Once you’ve found an MCN that you want to join, you’ll need to contact them and apply for membership. The application process will vary from MCN to MCN, but they will typically ask you to provide information about your channel, such as your subscriber count, view count, and the types of videos that you make.
- Sign the MCN’s contract. If your application is approved, the MCN will send you a contract to sign. The contract will outline the terms of your membership, such as the MCN’s fees, what services they will provide, and how they will share revenue with you.
- Link your YouTube channel to the MCN. Once you’ve signed the contract, the MCN will provide you with a link to use to link your YouTube channel to their network. Once your channel is linked, the MCN will be able to manage your channel and provide you with the services that they offer.
Here are some of the benefits of linking your YouTube channel to an MCN:
- Access to exclusive features and tools. MCNs often offer their members access to exclusive features and tools that can help you grow your channel, such as analytics tools, copyright protection, and distribution services.
- Help with monetization. MCNs can help you monetize your channel by negotiating advertising deals and providing advice on how to create videos that are likely to attract advertisers.
- Access to a community of creators. MCNs often have a community of creators that you can interact with and learn from. This can be a great way to get feedback on your videos, find new collaborators, and stay up-to-date on the latest trends in YouTube.
However, there are also some potential drawbacks to linking your YouTube channel to an MCN:
- Fees. MCNs typically charge their members a monthly fee. This fee can vary from MCN to MCN, so it’s important to compare fees before you sign a contract.
- Loss of control. When you link your channel to an MCN, you give up some control over your channel. The MCN will be able to make decisions about your channel, such as what videos are promoted and how your channel is monetized.
- Limited benefits. Not all MCNs offer the same benefits to their members. Some MCNs may only offer basic services, such as analytics and copyright protection. Others may offer more specialized services, such as distribution or help with monetization. It’s important to research the MCN that you’re interested in joining to make sure that they offer the services that you need.
Overall, linking your YouTube channel to an MCN can be a great way to grow your channel and get access to exclusive features and tools. However, it’s important to do your research and compare MCNs before you sign a contract.