Here are the steps on how to get into the Guinness Book of World Records:
- Choose a record to attempt. You can either try to break an existing record or set a new one. If you’re not sure where to start, you can browse the Guinness World Records website for inspiration.
- Research the record thoroughly. Make sure you understand the rules and regulations for the record you’re attempting. You’ll also need to gather evidence to support your claim, such as video footage or photographs.
- Submit an application. You can do this online or by mail. Your application will need to include your contact information, a description of your attempt, and any supporting evidence.
- Wait for approval. The Guinness World Records team will review your application and decide whether to approve it. This process can take up to 12 weeks.
- Attempt the record. Once your application is approved, you can attempt the record. Make sure you follow all the rules and regulations, and gather as much evidence as possible.
- Submit your evidence. Once you’ve successfully broken the record, you’ll need to submit your evidence to Guinness World Records. This will be reviewed by the team, and if it’s approved, you’ll be officially recognized as a record-holder!
Here are some additional tips for getting into the Guinness Book of World Records:
- Make sure your record is unique and measurable.
- Be prepared to provide extensive evidence to support your claim.
- Be patient and persistent. The application process can take several months, so don’t give up if you don’t hear back right away.