The Forbes 400 is a list of the richest people in the United States, so getting on the list is no easy feat. However, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances:
- Start a successful business. This is the most common way to make the Forbes 400. If you can start a business that is successful enough to generate billions of dollars in revenue, you’ll be well on your way to making the list.
- Invest wisely. If you’re already wealthy, you can increase your chances of making the Forbes 400 by investing your money wisely. By investing in stocks, real estate, or other assets that have the potential to appreciate in value, you can grow your wealth and increase your chances of making the list.
- Inherit a fortune. This is the least common way to make the Forbes 400, but it’s certainly possible. If you’re born into a wealthy family, you’ll have a head start on making the list.
In addition to these general tips, there are a few other things you can do to increase your chances of making the Forbes 400:
- Be self-made. Forbes gives a higher weighting to self-made billionaires than to those who inherit their wealth. So, if you can build your own fortune from scratch, you’ll be more likely to make the list.
- Be young. The average age of a Forbes 400 member is 62. So, if you can make the list while you’re still young, you’ll be ahead of the curve.
- Be in the right industry. Some industries are more conducive to wealth creation than others. For example, the technology industry has produced a number of billionaires in recent years. So, if you’re looking to make the Forbes 400, it might be a good idea to start a business in a high-growth industry.
Of course, there’s no guarantee that you’ll make the Forbes 400, even if you follow all of these tips. But if you’re willing to work hard and take risks, you’ll increase your chances of achieving financial success.