Here are the steps on how to add work experience to your LinkedIn profile:
- Go to your LinkedIn profile.
- Click on the “Experience” section.
- Click on the “Add experience” button.
- Enter the following information:
- Company: The name of the company you worked for.
- Job title: The title of your job.
- Start date: The date you started working at the company.
- End date: The date you stopped working at the company.
- Location: The city and state where you worked.
- Description: A brief description of your duties and responsibilities.
- Skills: Any skills you used in this role.
- Click on the “Save” button.
Here are some additional tips for adding work experience to your LinkedIn profile:
- Use keywords throughout your description to make your profile more searchable.
- Quantify your accomplishments whenever possible.
- Use action verbs to describe your duties and responsibilities.
- Get recommendations from your former colleagues and supervisors.
By following these tips, you can create a strong work experience section on your LinkedIn profile that will help you stand out to potential employers.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when adding work experience to your LinkedIn profile:
- Be as specific as possible: When describing your duties and responsibilities, be as specific as possible. This will help potential employers understand what you did in your previous roles and how your skills and experience can benefit their company.
- Use keywords: When describing your work experience, use keywords that are relevant to the industry you’re targeting. This will help your profile show up in search results when potential employers are looking for candidates with your skills and experience.
- Get recommendations: Recommendations from your former colleagues and supervisors can be a great way to boost your credibility and make your profile more attractive to potential employers.
- Keep your profile up-to-date: As you gain new skills and experience, be sure to update your LinkedIn profile accordingly. This will help you stay top-of-mind with potential employers and make sure your profile is always up-to-date.