There are several ways to add friends on Snapchat:
- By username: You can search for a friend’s username by tapping the “Add Friends” icon in the top-right corner of the app, then tapping “Find by Username.”
- By Snapcode: A Snapcode is a unique QR code that can be used to add someone as a friend on Snapchat. To scan a Snapcode, open Snapchat and hold your phone’s camera over the code. A pop-up will appear asking if you want to add the person as a friend.
- By phone number: If you have your friend’s phone number saved in your phone, Snapchat can automatically find their account and add them as a friend. To do this, tap the “Add Friends” icon, then tap “Find by Phone Number.”
- Through Quick Add: Quick Add is a list of people who you may know who use Snapchat. This list is generated based on your contacts, people you’ve recently interacted with on Snapchat, and other factors. To add someone from Quick Add, tap their name.
Once you’ve added a friend, they will receive a notification that you’ve added them. They can then accept or decline your friend request.
Here are some additional tips for adding friends on Snapchat:
- If you’re having trouble finding someone, try searching for their username using all lowercase letters.
- If you don’t know someone’s username, you can ask them to send you their Snapcode.
- You can also add people who are nearby by using the “Snapchat Map.”
- If you’re looking for new people to add, you can check out the “Discover” section of Snapchat. This section features popular Snapchatters, stories, and channels.