Commissions on ShareASale are calculated based on the following factors:
- Commission type: There are two types of commissions on ShareASale: Revenue Share and Flat Rate. Revenue Share commissions are calculated as a percentage of the sale amount, while Flat Rate commissions are a fixed amount per sale.
- Commission rate: The commission rate is set by the merchant. It can be a flat rate or a percentage of the sale amount.
- Cookie duration: The cookie duration is the amount of time that a cookie remains on a visitor’s computer after they click on an affiliate link. If the visitor makes a purchase within the cookie duration, the affiliate will earn a commission.
- Reversals: Reversals are refunds or chargebacks that occur after a sale has been made. If a sale is reversed, the affiliate will not earn a commission.
Here is an example of how commissions are calculated on ShareASale:
- Commission type: Revenue Share
- Commission rate: 10%
- Cookie duration: 30 days
- Sale amount: $100
In this example, the affiliate would earn a commission of $10 (10% of $100).
It is important to note that some merchants may have additional commission rules in place. For example, some merchants may only pay commissions on sales that are made within a certain time period after the affiliate clicks on the link. It is important to read the merchant’s program terms carefully to understand all of the commission rules.
Here are some additional tips for maximizing your earnings on ShareASale:
- Choose high-paying programs: When you are first starting out, it is a good idea to focus on high-paying programs. This will help you to earn more money quickly.
- Promote popular products: Promote products that are popular with your audience. This will increase your chances of making sales and earning commissions.
- Use creative marketing materials: Use creative marketing materials to promote the merchant’s products. This will help you to stand out from the competition and attract more visitors to your affiliate links.
- Track your results: It is important to track your results so that you can see what is working and what is not. This will help you to make changes to your marketing strategy and improve your earnings.