Yes, you can upload 3D videos on YouTube. YouTube supports rectangular 3D videos, VR180, and 360 3D (VR videos).
Rectangular 3D videos are the most common type of 3D video. They are encoded with two separate video streams, one for each eye. When viewed with a 3D TV or a 3D-enabled computer monitor, these two streams are combined to create a 3D image.
VR180 videos are captured with a special type of camera that records a 180-degree field of view in each direction. These videos can be viewed on a VR headset, such as the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive, to create a fully immersive experience.
360 3D videos are also captured with a special type of camera, but they record a 360-degree field of view in all directions. This means that you can view these videos from any angle, as if you were actually there.
To upload a 3D video to YouTube, you will need to:
- Encode your video in a supported format. YouTube supports the following formats for 3D videos:
- Add stereo metadata to your video. This metadata tells YouTube how to render the 3D video. You can add stereo metadata using video editing software, such as Sony Vegas Pro or GoPro Studio.
- Upload your video to YouTube. When you upload your video, be sure to select the “3D” option under the “Video type” drop-down menu.
Once your video has been uploaded, it will take some time for YouTube to process it. Once it has been processed, it will be available to watch in 3D on YouTube.
Here are some additional tips for uploading 3D videos to YouTube:
- Make sure that your video is properly aligned. If your video is not properly aligned, it will look blurry or distorted when viewed in 3D.
- Use a high-quality video camera. The quality of your video will directly affect the quality of the 3D experience.
- Edit your video carefully. Before you upload your video, be sure to edit it carefully to remove any unwanted objects or blemishes.
- Promote your video. Once you have uploaded your video, be sure to promote it on social media and other channels to let people know that it is available.