Yes, TikTok has a number of parental controls that can be used to manage a child’s account. These controls include:
- Restricted Mode: This mode filters out content that may be inappropriate for children, such as violent or sexual content. To turn on Restricted Mode, open the TikTok app and go to Profile > Settings and privacy > Content preferences > Restricted Mode. You can then set a passcode to prevent other users from turning off Restricted Mode.
- Screen Time: This feature allows you to set limits on how much time your child can spend on TikTok each day. To set screen time limits, open the TikTok app and go to Profile > Settings and privacy > Digital wellbeing > Screen time management. You can then set a daily time limit and choose whether or not to allow your child to use TikTok during specific times of the day.
- Family Pairing: This feature allows you to link your child’s TikTok account to your own account. Once your accounts are linked, you can use the Family Pairing settings to manage your child’s account, including viewing their activity, setting screen time limits, and turning on Restricted Mode. To enable Family Pairing, open the TikTok app and go to Profile > Settings and privacy > Family Pairing. Follow the instructions to create a Family Pairing code and then enter the code on your child’s device.
It is important to note that parental controls are not foolproof. Children may be able to find ways to bypass these controls, so it is important to talk to your child about the importance of using TikTok safely and responsibly.
Here are some additional tips for using TikTok safely with your child:
- Talk to your child about TikTok. Explain what the app is, how it works, and what kind of content is on it. Talk to your child about the importance of being safe online and how to report any inappropriate content they see.
- Monitor your child’s use of TikTok. Keep an eye on how much time your child is spending on the app and what kind of content they are viewing. If you have any concerns, talk to your child about them.
- Use parental controls. The parental controls on TikTok can help you to manage your child’s account and keep them safe. Use these controls to set screen time limits, turn on Restricted Mode, and view your child’s activity.
By following these tips, you can help your child use TikTok safely and responsibly.